Our Digital Vision
Empower all Oak Ridge students with equitable access to digital learning opportunities; to innovate, design, collaborate, and ultimately succeed in local and global communities of the future.
- Learning should be student-centered; students should be given a voice and a choice.
- Students should be challenged with learning opportunities that sustain inquiry.
- Students should be creative, critical thinkers, problem solvers, and communicative collaborators.
- Teachers should set the stage for students to be engaged in real-world problem solving.
- As physical education energizes bodies, a digital education energizes minds ready for the future.
- The future of education and business exists in a digital world.
- Students are being prepared for jobs that currently do not exist.
- Technology enables students to explore content with greater depth and breadth.
- The use of technology should allow for new learning tasks that were previously inconceivable.
- Providing digital tools for our students levels the playing field and offers them opportunities to access a wealth of global information that is not locally accessible.