Whether you’re new to Oak Ridge Schools or your student has previously been enrolled at Oak Ridge Schools Preschool, we are excited to welcome you and your student to one of four outstanding elementary schools. Kindergarten is an exciting time in the life of a child and marks the start of a new adventure in learning. Thank you for choosing to be a part of the award-winning Oak Ridge Schools. We look forward to welcoming you and your student to campus very soon.
Oak Ridge Schools is proud to announce that registration is moving to an online system for the 2023-24 school year. In order to begin registration you will need to complete important first steps listed below. Please note, if your student in enrolled at Oak Ridge Preschool, you do not need to register them. Oak Ridge Preschool students will automatically be enrolled in Kindergarten and their information will be given to the appropriate school based on the zone assigned to your residential address.
If your student is not yet five, and you do not have all the required medical forms yet, submit your registration application today so we can get you into our system and start providing you and your student with valuable resources.
- If you are new to Oak Ridge Schools, you will need to Create an Account in our system in order to begin registration.
- If you already have a child in Oak Ridge Schools, you will need to log on to your Skyward Family Access Account. You may also log in to your Skyward Family Access Account via Clever. Once logged in, “New Student Online Enrollment” will be the first item in the menu bar on the left-hand side. View a screenshot here. If you need assistance logging in to your Family access account, please contact your current student’s school front office.
If you would like self-guided help with registration, you can view our “How To” Video (Spanish Version) or written instructions (Spanish Version) to walk you through the registration process. If you are still having difficulty, the front office at the school you are registering at. If you are not sure what school you are zoned for, please enter your address here.
As part of the online registration process, parents/guardians will be asked to upload images of the following documents:
- Birth Certificate
- Immunization Form
- Parent Photo ID
- Two forms of Proof of Residency – For more information on acceptable forms of Proof of Residency, please visit our registration page.
If you do not have access to a computer or smart device with internet access, kiosks will be available in the lobby of each elementary school to facilitate the online registration process. Please contact your zoned elementary school to schedule a time to register by kiosk.
Take In Time: 8:15 AM
Dismissal Time (M,T,Th,F): 3:30 PM
Dismissal Time (W): 1:30 PM
- Kindergarteners will have two days of assessments and orientation prior to starting school full-time. One of those days will be July 24-26, and one will be July 28-August 1.
- A full-time schedule will begin for Kindergarteners on Wednesday, August 2 – which will follow a normal Wednesday schedule, dismissing at 1:30.
- Bus transportation for Kindergarteners will begin on Monday, July 24.
According to Tennessee State Law, children must reach their fifth birthday by August 15 to be eligible for kindergarten. State law also requires that, prior to attending first grade, all children must have attended an approved kindergarten program.
A child who turns five after August 15, and before September 30, may be considered for early kindergarten enrollment by following the steps:
- Parents/guardians may request consideration for early kindergarten enrollment by sending a written request to Pupil Services, Attention: Dr. Larrissa Henderson.
- Pupil Services will coordinate a date and time for screening to be conducted.
- After the screening is completed, the school principal, school counselor and Director of Pupil Services will review the results.
- If the results indicate that the child is “sufficiently mature emotionally and academically, the child may be enrolled in kindergarten.” (TCA 6.201)
- A letter to parents/guardians regarding the screening results and decision will be sent from Pupil Services.
For more information regarding this process, contact Pupil Services at 865-425-9026.
If you are new to Oak Ridge Schools, you will need to Create an Account in our system in order to begin registration. Request an account by using the button below.
If you already have a child in Oak Ridge Schools, you will need to log on to your Skyward Family Access Account. You may also log in to your Skyward Family Access Account via Clever. Once logged in, “New Student Online Enrollment” will be the first item in the menu bar on the left-hand side.