Child Illness Policy
Children who are ill may not attend ECC. This includes a fever, vomiting, diarrhea, or have contagious disease (chicken pox, impetigo, etc). Oak Ridge Schools Health policy is followed in ECC. If a child feels ill during ECC, his or her temperature will be taken orally or under the arm. If said child has a fever of 99 degrees or higher or has vomiting or diarrhea, the parent will be called to pick up the child. Children may attend ECC while being treated for certain illnesses after the fever has been gone for 24 hours. If your child is too ill to attend school, they cannot attend ECC either.
ECC Late Pick-Up Policy
ECC closes promptly at 6:00 pm. If you arrive after this time, you will be charged $1.00 per minute per child. The fee must be paid within 24 hours or the child will be removed from the program. Three (3) late pick-ups will result in you being asked to make other arrangements for your child.
Inclement Weather Policy
- If schools are closed for the day , ECC will also be CLOSED for the day.
- If school closes during the school day, ECC will be CLOSED for the day. You will need to pick your child up from School.
- If inclement weather begins while your child is in attendance at ECC, please be aware that you may be called to pick your child up from ECC. ECC will close as soon as possible to ensure children and staff can travel home safely.
- If there is a delay of school opening, ECC will also be delayed as well. Example: If school is delayed by 1 hour ECC will begin at 7:30am instead of our normal 6:30 am. For a 2-hour delay ECC will open at 8:30 am.
- You will recieve a call from Skylert notifying you of any school closings or delays. You can also tune into the local radio and TV stations for a list of area closings.
Behavior Management Policy
ECC discipline policy states that if a problem with your child occurs, a behavior form (a “write-up”) will be completed by the site director stating the problem encountered and given to the parent for signature. Three write-ups will result in the parent being called to pick up the child. Two pick-ups will result in a meeting with the directors of ECC and/or removal from the program. Three pick-ups will result in removal from the program. Any physical violence will result in a three-day suspension from the program. Fighting and bullying will not be permitted.
If a child’s behavior is so disruptive that is poses harm to other children or to staff, enrollment may be denied.
If a child’s needs require the provision of services such as one-on-one supervision or medical services that are determined to be an undue burden, enrollment may be denied.