Child Illness Policy
Children who are ill may not attend ECC. This includes a fever, vomiting, diarrhea, or have contagious disease (chicken pox, impetigo, etc). Oak Ridge Schools Health policy is followed in ECC. If a child feels ill during ECC, his or her temperature will be taken orally or under the arm. If said child has a fever of 100 degrees or higher or has vomiting or diarrhea, the parent will be called to pick up the child. Children may attend ECC while being treated for certain illnesses after the fever has been gone for 24 hours. If your child is too ill to attend school, they cannot attend ECC either.
ECC Late Pick-Up Policy
ECC closes promptly at 6:00 pm. If you arrive after this time, you will be charged $1.00 per minute per child. The fee must be paid within 24 hours or the child will be removed from the program. Three (3) late pick-ups will result in you being asked to make other arrangements for your child.
Inclement Weather Policy
- If schools are closed for the day , ECC will also be CLOSED for the day.
- If school closes during the school day, ECC will be CLOSED for the day. You will need to pick your child up from School.
- If inclement weather begins while your child is in attendance at ECC, please be aware that you may be called to pick your child up from ECC. ECC will close as soon as possible to ensure children and staff can travel home safely.
- If school opening is delayed then ECC will not open for the morning care but will be regular schedule for after school.
- You will recieve a call from Skylert notifying you of any school closings or delays. You can also tune into the local radio and TV stations for a list of area closings.