In 2015, The Access Oak Ridge kick-off pilot phase took place in November for 6th grade at Jefferson Middle School and 7th grade at Robertsville Middle School. A full middle school roll-out occurred on January 4th , 2016.
Our process looked like this:
- Students reported to homerooms where parents and students learned about device care, use, and expectations.
- Parents were required to bring a current ID to verify guardianship.
- Each student received a laptop, charger and sleeve.
- Teachers, parents, and students practiced using the device.
- Each family received information about insurance, internet safety, and all student account access information.
- No fees were collected in association with the laptop distribution.
Oak Ridge High School 9th and 10th grade students received their devices in October, 2016 with similar procedures for distribution. We had the pleasure of capturing the process in a video.
AccessOR Presentation for Families
Click here to view the device distribution presentation for families.