Issue Date: Tuesday, May 24, 2016
Advertisement Period: Tuesday, May 24, 2016 – UNTIL FILLED
Application Deadline: UNTIL FILLED
261 contract days
This is a Classified Position
Responsible for the installation and maintenance of computers, operating systems, applications software, and associated peripherals such as printers in a Windows environment
- Install and maintain computer hardware, operating systems, applications, and associated peripherals in a networked environment
- Diagnose and repair hardware and software components at the module level (field replaceable unit)
- Provide technical assistance to end-users on hardware and software problems
- Ensure dependable daily operation of the technology through regular maintenance and periodic upgrades
- Provide technical guidance for student help desk
- Any other duties as assigned by management
Minimum of Associates Degree in Computer Science or equivalent – 3+ years’ experience with repair services in an enterprise environment – Experience working with a ticketing system and completing work according to set schedules – Strong interpersonal and communication skills, customer service attitude and ability to work well with others – Valid driver’s license with good driving record – Knowledge of network protocols, software and configurations a plus – Strong documentation and presentation skills.
PROCEDURE FOR APPLYING
Apply online at www.ortn.edu
Oak Ridge Schools is an EEO/AA/Title VI/Title IX/Section 504/ADA/ADEA institution in the provision of its education and employment programs and services. All qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, pregnancy, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, or covered veteran status. The district will not tolerate any conduct by an administrator, supervisor, student, faculty or staff member that constitutes harassment on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, disability or any other protected status. Inquiries and charges of violation of the Title VI, Title IX, Section 504, the ADA (for students) or the ORS harassment policy (for students) should be directed toward Dr. Larrissa Henderson at (865) 425-9026. Inquiries and charges of violation of the ADA, ADEA or the ORS harassment policy for applicants or employees should be directed toward Dr. Christine Lee at (865) 425-9008.