Issue Date: Friday, July 01, 2016
Advertisement Period: Friday, July 01, 2016 – UNTIL FILLED
Application Deadline: UNTIL FILLED
261 contract days
This is a Classified Position
- Maintains the cleanliness of the building and grounds in all respects.
- Ensures the proper instructional environment, including temperature, ventilation and building safety.
- Schedules maintenance activities so as not to interfere with any curricular or extra-curricular activities and, during normal duty hours, makes the school and its facilities available as the principal directs.
- Cooperates with staff and students to harmoniously achieve the purposes of the school.
- Operates the heating and ventilation systems and maintains the plumbing and lighting systems, lawns and play areas.
- Advises the operations and maintenance department of repair and maintenance action required for plant equipment, keeps the supervisor of operations and maintenance informed of incidents requiring action, and follows up with the operations and maintenance department when such problems have or have not satisfactorily been completed.
- Directs and trains assigned staff
- Carries out preventive maintenance as directed, and assists the trades in maintaining the plant.
- Handles minor repairs within his or her resources.
- Prepares shift schedules and advises the plant operations and maintenance department office when replacements or extra help are required.
- Arranges for physical requirements of permit users and other approved activities.
- Maintains the efficient and proper use of equipment and supplies and maintains an effective system of stock control of all supplies.
- Maintains preventive maintenance logs and other records as required.
- Performs related duties as required for the daily operation of the school.
High school graduate or equivalent education. – Considerable experience in: Operation and maintenance of plant; cleaning methods and procedures; repairs; security; operation of heating and ventilation; preferably several years of experience in related work. – Supervisory ability. – A willingness to work as required, to ensure that extra-curricular and school permit requirements are satisfied, and when emergency situations arise. – Ability to communicate appropriately with the principal and school staff so the necessary support requirements for educational programs may be provided. – Ability to communicate with persons at all levels in the school community. – The requirements for technical knowledge will vary with the classification of the school and the complexity of plant equipment.
PROCEDURE FOR APPLYING
Apply online at www.ortn.edu
Oak Ridge Schools is an EEO/AA/Title VI/Title IX/Section 504/ADA/ADEA institution in the provision of its education and employment programs and services. All qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, pregnancy, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, or covered veteran status. The district will not tolerate any conduct by an administrator, supervisor, student, faculty or staff member that constitutes harassment on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, disability or any other protected status. Inquiries and charges of violation of the Title VI, Title IX, Section 504, the ADA (for students) or the ORS harassment policy (for students) should be directed toward Dr. Larrissa Henderson at (865) 425-9026. Inquiries and charges of violation of the ADA, ADEA or the ORS harassment policy for applicants or employees should be directed toward Dr. Christine Lee at (865) 425-9008.