Instructional Technology Assistance
JMS Student Tech Toolbox YouTube Channel!
Students, see below for quick tips and troubleshooting for your device.
JMS Parent Tech Toolbox YouTube Channel!
Parents, be sure to check out the information below about using Canvas & Skyward as a parent.
Quick Fixes and Frequently Asked Questions:
Having issues with your student’s laptop? Here are some quick fix guides for some common problems:
- Uploading a file to Canvas
- Introduction to APEX
- Remote Learning Tips for Students
- Using Browser Tools for Read Aloud
- Using Canvas Scheduler – Student Guide
- Checking Chrome Sync Status
- Checking OneDrive Sync Status
Adobe Acrobat Issues
How to add more students to your Canvas Parent Account:
1. Log in to Canvas as a Parent at https://ortn.instructure.com/login/ldap.
2. Go to Account (at the top left), then select Settings.
3. Find Observing in the menu on the left.
4. Enter the Observer Pairing Code for the student you wish to add.
5. Click the blue +Student button.
6. The student’s name should appear in the list below.
Canvas Parent Instructions
In this link you will find information on downloading the Canvas Parent mobile app from the iOS or Android/Google Play app stores.
Parents will create a new account by selecting Oak Ridge Schools – Parent at the school district.
Enter an email address, chosen password, and the Observer Pairing Code.
You can connect additional students by visiting Account, Settings, Observing.