Message from Counseling
Dear Eagle Families,
The JMS Counseling Office wanted to reach out to all of you to let you know we miss your smiling faces and daily hallway interactions! We hope you are all staying healthy and safe during these unforseen times. We realize that you may be experiencing some mixed emotions during this extended break from school. Some of you may be enjoying this extra time with family and sleeping a little later but many of you may also be missing your friends and/or teachers. Some of you may be worried about loved ones and some of you may just be missing the peace of mind that comes from the daily routine.
Additionally, the remote learning experience began on April 6,2020 and will be new for all of us so there is always some anxiety that comes from trying something new. As your counselors, we want you to know that we are thinking of you during this time and we are here to support you as best we can. You are welcome to email us at any time and we are happy to keep in touch, listen to your concerns and encourage you to stay positive and keep your head up no matter how difficult it can get. Even though we cannot be at JMS at this time, we have set up the following office hours for the JMS Counseling Office:
Here are a few suggestions that may help you and your family make the best of the situation:
- Set the same daily routine in place as much as possible.
- Allow yourself to transition into this schedule
- Take a break from social media and the news. Do not over expose yourself to too much information.
- Maintain a healthy diet, engage and regular exercise and activity, and get enough sleep.
- Take advantage of outdoor activities while still maintaining social distancing.
- Do not isolate. Connect with others through appropriate virtual opportunities.
- Become a bookworm and use Destiny by using JMS ebooks by going to online@JMS
- Get creative with your activities
You can also follow us on JMS Twitter page for updates.
If you or someone you know is in crisis, please refer to the information below:
Mobile Crisis/Youth Villages: 866-779-9225
Ridgeview Behavioral Health in Oak Ridge: 482-1076
Statewide Crisis Hotline: 1-855-Crisis-1 or 1-855-274-7471or
Statewide Crisis Textline: Text TN to 741741
National Suicide Prevention Hotline: 1-800-273-TALK or 1-800-273-8255
If you have questions, please reach out. We would love to hear from you.
JMS School Counselors
|5th and 6th Grade
||7th and 8th grade
||Mrs. Castle email@example.com
||9:00 a.m.-1:00 p.m.
||1:00 p.m.-4:00 p.m.
||Google Voice Number:
5th/6th Grade Counselor
7th/8th Grade Counselor