December 16th Glenwood students will help decorate our “Traditions” tree by researching holiday traditions from around the world and designing an ornament to represent a country, culture and tradition! Our students will be using the engineer design process to complete an ornament STEM challenge, helping teach each other about different cultures and celebrations around the […]
As we approach Fall break we wanted to make sure to reach out to all of our Glenwood families to announce the first PTO meeting of the year. We would like to invite everyone to the first meeting, it’s being held Tuesday, September 22nd at 6:30 via Zoom. As we move forward we’ll be limiting invites […]
Since children are continuing to spend more time at home, it’s important for families to become familiar with possible fire hazards. We created a fun and educational way for kids to learn about fire safety, while also providing parents with resources to better protect their families.
You can check out our fire safety and prevention guide […]
Welcome Back Glenwood!
We are happy to announce that our 2020-2021 school year is up and running! We can’t thank you enough for your patience and support this morning. We were able to get all cars through the line by 8:45, and have already found ways to make drop off more efficient. We hope to see […]
Packet drop- off May 11- 15 from 1-4 pm at Glenwood Elementary School
Please bring copies of the following information when you bring your packet back on May 11-15:
- Child’s birth certificate (8/15/2015)
- Child’s social security card
- Health Insurance provider
- Proof of residence
- Immunization records on TN state form with current physical (dated 2020)
Dr. Marlar is going to offer a Love and Logic parenting series for 6 weeks for all elementary school families.
Love and Logic Parenting Series
April 14, April 21, April 28, May 5, May 12, May 19
New Life Nazarene Church
- What is standards-based grading?
- Why do we use it?
- What do teachers, parents, and students learn from standards-based grades compared to letter grades?
- What does the report card tell parents?
- How does standards-based grading fit into our STEM culture and emphasis on 21st Century Skills?