Holiday Food Drive:
For well over 30 years, Jefferson has carried out a food drive to aid our Oak Ridge families in need. This year, the food drive runs from November 1-10. We encourage all students to consider donating non-perishable food to the cause. All of the contributions go to two Oak Ridge food pantries. In the past, we have collected more than 30 boxes of food. Here is how to help:
- Food pantries can only accept non-perishable foods
- Canned goods: fruit, vegetables, soups; boxed food mixes, cereal, condiments, spices.
- Please check to make sure food is not expired
- Bring donation to your homeroom
- Homeroom reps will keep track of number of items donated
- Homeroom with the most donations receives a prize
Please consider participating in this worthy cause. If everyone brings in just one item, we will have donated over 700 items!