Good afternoon, JMS families!
First we would like to thank you all for a wonderful 40 days of remote learning! Your children did a fabulous job throughout this time and we can’t thank you enough for your support!
We also wanted to let you know that all 2020-21 Awards will be handled by each individual grade level team or by individual classroom teachers. Our PTO will again be sponsoring our “4 Years of 4.0” awards that are updated in the plaque in the hallway at JMS annually.
If your child has not signed up for electives for the 2020-2021 school year, please follow the instructions given on the online Curriculum Guide links. All rising 6th-8th graders must complete their elective choices in skyward by May 18th. Instructions how to sign up for electives are at the end of each Curriculum Guide videos. If you have any additional questions, feel free to contact Mrs. Castle at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please click on this link to see our Spring 2020-2021 Digital Open House Orientation AND Course Curriculum and Registration pages!
Please remember our Student Locker Exchange Event will happen at Jefferson next week beginning Monday, May 18 through Friday, May 22. Pickup times are from 8:00am – 12:00pm and 1:00pm – 4:00pm each day for your convenience. We will have collection areas set up in both the car and bus loops by grade level for retrieval of student locker items, return of student laptop devices, textbooks, library books and yearbook purchases.
- 5th and 6th grade students will enter campus on the cafeteria side and proceed around the bus loop and 7th and 8th-grade students will enter campus on the gym side and proceed around the car loop. We will have signs throughout campus to help you navigate.
- After entering your respective grade level loop, please stay in your vehicle
- Tables will be set up for the return of JMS property like:
- Student device including the laptop, bag and charger
- Textbooks and library books
- Athletic uniforms
- JMS staff will bring you any Band or Orchestra instruments as well as any personal items that were left in either their gym or main locker. Please remember that any personal locker items not picked up by Friday, May 22 will be donated to charity.
- If your child has any medications in the Clinic, Nurse Cousins will be set up in the front of the school near the flagpole to distribute. You will need to sign a form when you pick up and we will be taking safety precautions throughout this process.
- Yearbook Purchase
- Yearbooks will be on sale for $20, cash only please, simply tell the staff member that you would like to buy one when they come to your vehicle.
- 8th Grade PTO Items
- PTO has purchased items for our 8th graders and students can pick those items up during this exchange, as well.
We are looking forward to seeing all of you next week and if you have any questions about this exchange process, please contact our Dean of Students, Jenifer Laurendine at email@example.com or by calling 865-425-9257.
Please be on the lookout for information about signing up for student devices for the 2020-2021 school year. There will be more details later this week and in the parent newsletter, but you should be able to access forms on Skyward beginning Monday, May 18th.
Thank you and please be sure to stay healthy and well!
Mr. Phil Cox – firstname.lastname@example.org
Mr. Chris Layton – email@example.com
Mrs. Jenifer Laurendine – firstname.lastname@example.org
Mr. Ben Fowler – email@example.com