View the available openings at our elementary and middle schools here, or at the bottom of the page. To find what school your residence is zoned for, visit our Simple School/Transportation Search Tool.
- This information will be live from March 6 – April 14.
- Applications will be available for download on March 20.
- New open enrollment applications will be taken from March 20 – April 14.
- Proposed Tuition Rates (pending approval by ORS Board of Education)
- Cross Boundary Application – PDF | .doc (due by April 14)
- Tuition Application – PDF | .doc (due by April 14)
Please note applications received after the April 14th deadline will not be considered for cross-boundary status. Applications may be submitted via email (email@example.com), fax (865-425-9061) or in-person at the ORS Administration building. If you have any questions, please feel free to call Pupil Services at 865-425-9026.
Approval will be based on the number of available seats at the elementary and middle schools and the criteria listed below for approval. Numbers are subject to change based on new families moving in to the district.
Approved applications are good for one year. If your child was approved last year and has remained in good standing during that time period, you will not need to complete a cross boundary application or a tuition application for the upcoming school year. You will receive a letter of your child’s status. Cross boundary applications may be obtained at the schools, on the Oak Ridge School’s website or from the Pupil Services Department. Tuition applications may be obtained on the Oak Ridge Schools website or from the Pupil Services Department in the School Administration Building.
We are hoping this designated application period will help you in submitting your applications on time, facilitate enrollment issues at the schools prior to the August start date, and make you aware of your child’s application status.
All students applying for cross boundary and tuition must meet the following criteria for approval:
- The student must be in good standing in attendance – no excessive absences, tardies or early dismissals
- The student must be in good standing in academics – no failing grades
- The student must be in good standing in behavior – no noted discipline referrals, suspensions or expulsions
- Parents must be supportive of their child’s educational environment by contributing positively with the educational team at the school.
The new tuition rates are pending approval by the Oak Ridge Schools Board of Education at the meeting on Monday, March 27, 2023. The proposed tuition rates can be viewed here.
A kindergarten student must be five years old by August 15, 2023 to be eligible to start kindergarten in the state of Tennessee. A child who turns five after August 15, and before August 30, may be considered for early kindergarten enrollment pending screening. For more information regarding this process, contact pupil services at 865-425-9026.