Coordinated School Health is not a program, but is a systematic approach to promoting student health that emphasizes needs assessment; planning based on data, sound science and analysis of gaps and redundancies in school health programming; and evaluation.
The CSH approach consists of eight major components. By definition, all Coordinated School Health Components work together to improve the lives of students and their families. Although these components are listed separately, it is their composite that allows CSH to have significant impact. The eight components include: health education, health services, counseling, psychological and social services, nutrition, physical education/physical activity, school staff wellness, healthy school environment and student/parent/community involvement.
- Oak Ridge Schools Biggest Loser: We will start on Wednesday, January 11th! You can weigh in anytime on the 11th from 9am – 5pm at SAB in Jen Laurendine’s office. Registration and contest rules are attached above. The cost is $20 and the contest will run from through April 5th. Forms are located on the Staff Wellness link of this site.
- Weight Watchers @ Work: Please contact Meg Evans at RMS if you are interested in joining: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Coordinated School Health/City Wellness Committee: The committee will be putting together hikes, lunch n’ learns and other community activity events and will be communicated via our CSH Facebook Page and other social media venues. Please like us at @OakRidgeSchoolsCSH!
- Local Gym Discounts: Please visit the staff wellness link on this page for individual flyers for Workout Anytime, National Fitness Center, and Jazzercise in Solway
- ORS – City of Oak Ridge Health & Wellness Fair: The fair will take place on Wednesday, April 5th at the Civic Center. We are still ironing out times and will let you know as soon as finalized.
- Oak Ridge Schools on the Run to STOMP OUT Tobacco 5k: The 5k will take place on Saturday, May 20th at Melton Lake Park. More information to come!